No. of Opportunity4
Field of studyGeneral
The role of Casual Site Engineers entails working under the direct supervision of a field engineer, closely collaborating with the head of the ABADEI provincial team. These engineers will have the following responsibilities:
1. Assist field engineers in designing infrastructure projects, CFW initiatives, and community production centers.
2. Provide guidance to vendors to ensure the procurement of high-quality infrastructure materials.
3. Oversee the daily implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of infrastructure-related activities, emphasizing quality.
4. Manage interventions at the district and community levels, fostering connections between CFW laborers, local suppliers, and community members.
5. Identify training needs, organize training sessions for CFW laborers.
6. Maintain updated filing and documentation of reports, progress, and achievements in alignment with CARE ABADEI Project requirements.
7. Supervise both skilled and unskilled worker beneficiaries at the construction site.
8. Ensure efficient task allocation to workers, prioritize safety and security, and maintain good working organization.
9. Maintain records of weekly beneficiaries' attendance at the site.
10. Supervise sub-projects in accordance with technical specifications and design plans.
11. Address any additional tasks delegated by the supervisor.
12. Manage technical issues related to projects and liaise with regulatory bodies and client contacts.
13. Assist with environmental assessments and resource management endeavors.
14. Conduct regular field-level supervision to ensure compliance with technical, social, and environmental aspects during implementation.
15. Collaborate with other regional offices and relevant Community Development Councils (CDCs) on technical and social matters.
16. Prepare and compile periodic progress reports following the standard format, subject to further review by the Supervisor.
17. Encourage the exchange of ideas and lessons learned.
18. Generate daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Technical and engineering expertise, including experience in site supervision and a supervisory role with foremen and skilled laborers in the field.
- Personal and interpersonal skills: Building relationships, problem analysis, cultural sensitivity, gender sensitivity, teamwork, punctuality, creating a conducive work environment, and persuasive communication.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in designing and executing community-based infrastructure projects.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in Dari and Pashto languages. Knowledge of English would be advantageous.
CARE is a humanitarian organization that operates without government affiliation, political alignment, profit motive, partisan involvement, or sectarian bias. It provides relief and development aid to individuals and communities in need. As part of the International Confederation consisting of 13 member organizations, CARE ranks among the globe's largest private humanitarian entities. It operates in over 90 countries and is dedicated to assisting developing world communities in their enduring fight against poverty.