No. of Opportunity1
Field of studyGeneral
The primary responsibilities of this role involve analyzing and projecting revenues in alignment with the annual financial plan and the current economic conditions.
1. Organizing reports for the analysis and forecasting of customs product revenues and tariffs to ensure accurate predictions of customs revenues for the budget revenue target.
2. Gathering revenue data from the General Directorate of Customs and integrating it into the revenue model.
3. Collaborating on potential adjustments to customs revenue projections based on risks stemming from changes in significant economic indicators that impact the specified revenue target.
4. Updating the revenue prediction model to achieve precise forecasts for domestic revenues.
5. Participating in the development and review of crucial financial policy documents, including medium-term financial frameworks, economic outlooks, and financial strategy documents, to enhance the accuracy and effectiveness of resource allocation for the national budget.
6. Cooperating with the General Directorate of Customs to enhance existing systems and standardize customs procedures.
7. Establishing communications with trade associations and international organizations to address issues related to customs tariff percentages.
8. Analyzing and assessing customs revenues in comparison to the plan and the previous year, and preparing reports accordingly.
9. Analyzing and evaluating customs tariff percentages in line with the economic and political situation of the country, and providing recommendations for future decisions.
1. Developing and organizing monthly, quarterly, and annual work plans in accordance with the department's overall plan to achieve predefined objectives.
2. Presenting monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and, when necessary, providing updates on the activities and accomplishments of the relevant department to keep the leadership informed.
3. Executing other duties as assigned by competent authorities in compliance with laws, regulations, and departmental objectives.
1. Ensuring coordination between relevant departmental units and external entities on matters related to work.
2. Ensuring coordination for potential changes in policy measures related to customs product policy with the General Directorate of Customs and incorporating these measures, such as pricing, into the revenue model.
3. Collaborating closely with relevant departments on issues related to customs product policy and tariffs to enhance revenue forecasting.
Employment Conditions (Educational Level and Work Experience):
This job description has been developed in accordance with Articles 7, 8, and 34 of the Civil Service Law, considering the following conditions and criteria:
Educational Qualifications: A minimum of a bachelor's degree in fields such as economics, public policy, business administration, public administration, taxation, and related fields. Higher academic degrees in these fields are preferred.
Work Experience: A minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
Required Skills: Proficiency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and familiarity with English. Strong analytical and mathematical skills, as well as proficiency in computer programs related to the job, particularly E-Views, Excel, and Access.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit their CV and application to the following email address.
Note: Please ensure to include the job title in the email subject and refrain from attaching educational documents.
The General Directorate of Financial and Economic Policy plays a pivotal role in guiding economic and financial decisions, acting as the government's financial advisor. They contribute to shaping policies, ensuring their effective implementation, and modifying how public funds are managed.
Annually, this team assembles the Financial Strategy Document, akin to a roadmap, providing a blueprint for how the government will manage its finances, including income and expenditure, in the upcoming year. They determine the financial targets for various government departments, based on their assessments of the economy, available opportunities, and resources.
Additionally, they engage in financial forecasting, attempting to anticipate the resources required to meet the government's medium-term commitments, which is invaluable during budget preparation. Should you ever require financial guidance, particularly regarding taxes and expenditure, these experts are at your service. They also disseminate comprehensive financial reports, offering a breakdown of revenue sources and expenditures. Their primary aim is to assist the government in making well-informed financial decisions.