No. of Opportunity1
Field of studyGeneral
1. Contribution to the formulation of financial strategy documents in consultation with the General Budget Directorate and other departments of the Ministry of Finance to align the budget with financial and economic objectives.
2. Providing summaries of quarterly reports on the macroeconomy to the Ministry's leadership for current economic insights.
3. Coordination with the Afghanistan Central Bank and the National Statistics Office to gather information and analyze trade balances, exchange rates, and the real sector.
4. Evaluation and preparation of reports on the projection of the macroeconomic situation, through negotiations with relevant authorities for coordination in the country's economic development plans.
5. Compiling analytical reports and forecasts of potential macroeconomic risks annually, along with proposing solutions.
6. Analyzing economic and social policies (e.g., poverty reduction programs, employment increase, and growth facilitation) in line with Afghanistan's developmental objectives.
7. Strengthening relationships between the macroeconomy department and various government bodies and other relevant organizations in the pursuit of its mission.
8. Preparation and presentation of quarterly economic analysis reports.
9. Providing quantitative and qualitative analysis on issues such as unemployment, poverty, political economy, and other critical economic matters using models like E-Views or other economic models.
10. Engaging with academic institutions and organizations for research on economic policies to enhance the technical dimensions of economic assessment.
11. Publishing articles to stimulate discussions on the economic impacts of government decisions, policies, or agreements.
1. Developing and organizing monthly, quarterly, and annual work plans in accordance with the department's overall plan to achieve established objectives.
2. Transferring professional skills through workshops, seminars, and on-the-job training to staff under supervision.
3. Managing and evaluating implementations, identifying training needs, and enhancing the capacity of staff and related departments.
4. Providing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and, when necessary, reporting on the activities and achievements of the respective department to keep the department's leadership informed.
5. Executing other tasks assigned by competent authorities in compliance with laws, regulations, and the department's goals.
1. Ensuring coordination among relevant departmental units and external entities on subject matters.
2. Coordinating potential changes in policies related to the macroeconomy with the Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Commerce, and trade chambers.
3. Close coordination and collaboration with relevant departments on issues related to statistics and macroeconomics to enhance forecasting.
Employment Conditions (Educational Level and Work Experience):
This job description has been prepared in accordance with Articles 7, 8, and 34 of the Civil Service Law, considering the following conditions and criteria:
Educational Qualifications: Minimum of a bachelor's degree in fields such as economics, public policy, business administration, public administration, taxation, and related disciplines. Higher academic degrees in these fields are preferable.
Work Experience: Minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
Required Skills: Proficiency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and familiarity with English. Strong analytical and mathematical skills, along with proficiency in computer software relevant to the role, especially E-Views, Excel, and Access.
Interested individuals who meet the requirements can submit their CVs along with their applications to the following email address.
Note: Please ensure to specify the job title in the email subject and refrain from attaching educational documents.
The General Directorate of Financial and Economic Policy plays a pivotal role in guiding economic and financial decisions, acting as the government's financial advisor. They contribute to shaping policies, ensuring their effective implementation, and modifying how public funds are managed.
Annually, this team assembles the Financial Strategy Document, akin to a roadmap, providing a blueprint for how the government will manage its finances, including income and expenditure, in the upcoming year. They determine the financial targets for various government departments, based on their assessments of the economy, available opportunities, and resources.
Additionally, they engage in financial forecasting, attempting to anticipate the resources required to meet the government's medium-term commitments, which is invaluable during budget preparation. Should you ever require financial guidance, particularly regarding taxes and expenditure, these experts are at your service. They also disseminate comprehensive financial reports, offering a breakdown of revenue sources and expenditures. Their primary aim is to assist the government in making well-informed financial decisions.