No. of Opportunity1
Field of studyGeneral
1. Collaborating with the Economic Analysis and Policy Forecasting Division to determine how to collect the necessary data and information for the development of financial and economic models from relevant departments.
2. Establishing connections with international organizations to develop and update economic and financial models.
3. Coordinating the creation and development of economic and financial models.
4. Designing, developing, modifying, and overseeing economic and financial models.
5. Assessing existing models within the General Directorate of Fiscal and Macroeconomic Policy and making adjustments and updates as needed to align with the department's requirements.
6. Conducting educational workshops for colleagues within the General Directorate to ensure the optimal utilization of developed financial and economic models.
7. Analyzing financial and economic models from other countries and evaluating their suitability for use in the country.
1. Developing and organizing monthly, quarterly, and annual work plans in line with the department's overarching plan to achieve predefined goals.
2. Transferring professional expertise through workshops, seminars, and on-the-job training to staff under supervision.
3. Managing and evaluating project implementations, identifying training needs, and enhancing the capabilities of staff and related departments.
4. Providing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, and when necessary, delivering updates on the activities and accomplishments of the respective department to keep departmental leadership informed.
5. Executing other assignments delegated by competent authorities in accordance with laws, regulations, and the department's objectives.
1. Ensuring coordination among relevant departmental units and external entities on pertinent matters.
2. Coordinating potential changes in policies related to the macroeconomy with the Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Commerce, and trade chambers.
3. Collaborating closely with relevant departments on issues related to statistics and macroeconomics to enhance forecasting accuracy.
Employment Criteria (Educational Level and Work Experience):
This job description has been prepared in compliance with Articles 7, 8, and 34 of the Civil Service Law, considering the following conditions and requirements:
Educational Qualifications: A minimum of a bachelor's degree in economics (with a focus on economic analysis and statistics), with a preference for higher academic degrees in the same field.
Work Experience: At least two years of relevant work experience.
Required Skills: Proficiency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and familiarity with English. Strong analytical and mathematical abilities, coupled with proficiency in computer programs and models relevant to the role (MATLAB, E-Views, Python, R, SPSS).
Individuals who meet the requirements and are interested in the position can submit their CVs and applications to the following email address.
Note: Please include the job title in the email subject and refrain from attaching educational documents.
The General Directorate of Financial and Economic Policy plays a pivotal role in guiding economic and financial decisions, acting as the government's financial advisor. They contribute to shaping policies, ensuring their effective implementation, and modifying how public funds are managed.
Annually, this team assembles the Financial Strategy Document, akin to a roadmap, providing a blueprint for how the government will manage its finances, including income and expenditure, in the upcoming year. They determine the financial targets for various government departments, based on their assessments of the economy, available opportunities, and resources.
Additionally, they engage in financial forecasting, attempting to anticipate the resources required to meet the government's medium-term commitments, which is invaluable during budget preparation. Should you ever require financial guidance, particularly regarding taxes and expenditure, these experts are at your service. They also disseminate comprehensive financial reports, offering a breakdown of revenue sources and expenditures. Their primary aim is to assist the government in making well-informed financial decisions.